I managed to snag a Bag of Crap from Woot! last week. This is the first one I’ve got in a while, so I figured I would do a little unboxing video and share what I got!
I recently managed to snag another Bag of Crap from Woot! and it arrived today! My unboxing video didn’t come out great, so here are a couple of pictures to share what arrived.
Not a bad haul. Some noise-isolating headphones, a bath fizzy ball, a growing penguin, a snowman mug, a cube monkey figure and a literal mystery bag. And of course what BOC would be complete with a literal BOC, my Brush of Crap!
To see my previous Bag of Crap, from Christmas 2013, go here: http://www.jaimeh.com/2013/12/12/my-woot-bag-of-crap/
A few weeks ago, I bought a “Mystery Cat Toy Box” from Woot (http://home.woot.com/offers/mystery-cat-toy-box-1). I love that Woot has been doing these themed mystery boxes, not quite a Bag of Crap, but there’s still some surprise to it. Anyway, here is what I got in my box!
I opened the box and got….a box!
OK, I did get some actual stuff! Inside the box that was inside a box:
We ended up with a laser pointer shaped like a dog, a catnip toy (easily their favorite), some plastic dishes, a collar and some stuff you put on cats nails after clipping them. Unfortunately the dishes are too small for the appetites of our cats, so they made it to the local animal shelter.
Obviously at least one of the cats had to come explore. Sweeney saw new stuff and had to check it out.
And of course with all the new stuff, Sweeney ended up in the box. :-/
If you combine enough things that the internet loves, will it cause a black hole? Let’s find out!
Someone over at the Woot forums suggested posting pictures of your bag of crap items on your cat (or cats). Here are three of the items I got from the 3rd day of Crapmas on my three cats Dublin (with the shirt), London (with the book) and Sweeney (with the calendar).
Although I’m still waiting for days 2 and 3 of my Holiday Bullshit gifts, I did get my Woot Bag of Crap that I posted about last week from the 12 Bags of Crapmas.
I did attempt to do a video of the unboxing, but it came out bad and I only get one shot to make that video! My unboxing from my original BOC is on YouTube if you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6SzaqBawY8
But now on to this Bag of Crap, which turned out to be a lot cooler than my last one. Here is the loot that arrived:
Underneath that big stack is a small plain black duffle bag. There’s a camera bag, a big loose “AVI-8” bag and a ladies Woot shirt. There was a pair of white earbuds (which will actually come in handy!), a micro USB cable and three rings. There’s a pair of LG 3-D glasses, and then we get into the good stuff!
There is a Disney “Alice in Wonderland” book (this’ll be good for my niece), a pretty cool “5 tools in 1” emergency whistle (has a compass, flint, whistle, match holder and a signal mirror), and of course a Woot 2012 calendar!
All in all a fun BOC! Now I just have to find a way to get one without waiting 3 years until the next one!
**UPDATE** My Bag of Crap has arrived! See what I got here: http://www.jaimeh.com/2013/12/12/my-woot-bag-of-crap/
As I stated last night I managed to get a Bag of Crap on the 3rd night of Woot’s “12 Bags of Crapmas”. And since the rules of the 12 Days of Crapmas says that I can only get one BOC during the 12 nights, I figured I’d share my technique to snagging the bag.
1. Be lucky
2. A few minutes before the new video was set to show up, I went to Woot and logged into my account. Make sure all of your payment information is current. I don’t know if this helped speed things up, but it certainly didn’t hurt!
3. Don’t try to load from Woot.com. Rather, go to Woot’s YouTube channel.
4. More specifically, go to the “Videos” tab at http://www.youtube.com/user/wootchannel/videos
5. I hovered my mouse over the most recent video posted and continually refreshed right around that magic time (12AM CST).
6. As soon as the new video appeared I clicked through, and immediately skipped the video ahead about 3/4 of the way. This bypasses the main part of the video and gets to the link for the BOC for the night. I imagine that the videos will get longer as the 12 days advances as more items are added to the song, so you may need to skip a little farther into the video.
7. After clicking to the link area of the video, I paused and started typing the URL into my browser. One thought I read was to have “bit.ly” already typed into a browser window. The downside with this is you have to deal with multiple browser windows. It might work for some, but if you can type fast you should be good.
8. Once I followed the link, I just hit “I want one!” and went to check out.
9. I have to repeat: Be lucky
I’m pretty sure I hit on all the major points there. And of course there is no guarantee this will work for you. I just know it worked for me. Especially steps 1 and 9!
If you’ve grabbed a BOC during the 12 Bags of Crapmas, what has worked for you?
Somewhat related to the mention of a Woot Bag of Crap in the earlier post – I managed to snag a BOC as part of Woot’s “12 Bags of Crapmas” promo!